Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
A Few Tips for You After Water Damage
Water damage can wreak havoc on a home or your business, and usually it happens out of nowhere. When the unfortunate event of water loss happens, our team at SERVPRO of Temple and Belton is here to assist you 24/7 with water restoration and cleanup.
At SERVPRO of Temple and Belton, we pride ourselves in being a responsive partner in remediation and restoration. While you do wait for our emergency services to arrive, there are a few steps you can take to get started. Please remember to make safety your first priority.
Below are some tips to know after suffering commercial or residential water damage.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (254) 771-3055
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.